Where is Maldives?
The Maldives is a group of 1200 coral islands that are located in the Indian Ocean to the South and South-West of India and Sri Lanka, respectively. It is about 4 hours flying time from Singapore on the east and 5 hours flying time from the gulf on the west.
How do I get to the Maldives?
The best way to travel to the Maldives is by Air Travel. A number of flights both scheduled and charter operate to the Maldives.
Do I need a Visa to enter Maldives?
No, you do not need a Visa prior to entering the Maldives. All travelers are given a 30-day Visa upon arrival. To receive this, each traveler must present a passport (valid for at least 6 months), and a valid return air ticket to a destination where the passenger has permission to enter together with any visa required for that destination.
What is the weather like in Maldives?
Being located on the equator, the Maldives has a hot tropical climate, with plenty of sunshine and a high level of humidity. The temperature fluctuates between 24C to 30C. Maldives has two monsoons, the northeast moon occurring from November to April and is the dry and sunny season, while Southwest Monsoon from May to October is the rainy season. Having said this, it is possible to get much more number of sunny days even during the rainy season.
What is the best time to visit Maldives?
The Maldives are lovely all year around but high season tends to be during November to April when there are clear skies and it is dry. The visibility for diving is also high during this period. However, for surfers it is the opposite, since the south west monsoon brings in the best waves, with the largest waves occurring in July and August.
How long does it take to get to You & Me by Cocoon Maldives from Male?
45 minutes by seaplane (daytime arrivals/departures)
50 minutes by domestic + speedboat (nighttime arrivals/departures)
Do you have e-mail and internet facilities available to the guest?
Yes, all our guest accommodations have complimentary Wi-Fi internet facilities provided. Log in details will be briefed at the time of check in by our Island Hosts.
Currency used on the islands?
The local currency is the Maldivian Rufiyaa. We accept US Dollars cash, other major currencies and all major credit cards. (visa, master, amex, unionpay)
You & Me by Cocoon Maldives is one hours ahead of Male time and 6 Hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time. Providing an extra one hours of daylight each day so guests can get the most out of every day.
What languages are spoken in You & Me by Cocoon?
The official languages spoken at Cocoon Maldives are Dhivehi and English. However, we have multilingual staff working here as well. (English, Italian, Spanish, Russian, French, Chinese, Japanese, German)
What are the USP of You & Me by Cocoon Maldives?
- Rustic- Chic
- Underwater Restaurant (H20)
- Adult Only resort
- Dine around concept
- You & Me Spa by Elizabeth Arden PRO
Is there a kid’s area at You & Me by Cocoon Maldives?
No, as it an “Adult ONLY” resort.
Do you provide childcare service?
No, we do not provide childcare service.
Do you provide a laundry service?
Yes, we do. In general, laundry service is available throughout your stay. Please place your laundry into the bag provided in your room together with the completed form and your room attendant will collect it. For an express service, kindly dial housekeeping or alternatively inform your villa host.
Can I smoke anywhere in the resort?
You may smoke outside in designated areas but please note that all our villas are nonsmoking.
Can I swim anywhere around the resort?
We would advise not to swim in front of your lagoon when the sea is very rough as there may be a strong current. However, we do have a main pool.
What is the transfer waiting time?
There is a lot of seaplanes and you will wait max 1 or 2 hours. On the airport seaplane you can find a small waiting area and cafeteria
What is the dress code?
Island Chic and Smart Casual for Restaurant & Bars.
Are there any mosquitoes on the island?
We do not have mosquito nets in the rooms. It could be advisable to bring insect repellents as this a tropical island. Mosquito repellents are available in our shop as well.
What brand are the toiletries?
Ortigia Ambra Nera.
What are the Drone policies?
- For privacy reasons, the usage of drones is not allowed on the island.
- Our primary concern is the privacy and safety of our guests, employees and property. Please note that usage of drones and radio controlled aircraft devices for personal use is not allowed within or around the island
- You & Me Maldives may use drones for commercial purposes on sporadic occasions. In these instances, much care will be taken to minimize the impact on guests and to protect your privacy.
Are there snorkeling options?
You & Me Maldives has one of the best house reef in the Maldives and is accessible from the beach. We offer free snorkeling equipment for all our in-house guests.
What are the Honeymoon Benefits?
These services will be provided on complimentary basis where applicable. Should clients wish to avail these services the request is to be submitted at the time of reservations. To qualify for honeymoon services, honeymooners will be required to submit certified documents (validity max. 6 months) and this should be communicated at the time of reservation.
- All Honeymooners for a minimum 4 nights stay will receive a bottle of wine, chocolate with special turndown service per room per stay and free room upgrade (subject to availability).
- Couples Staying for 7 nights and more will also receive one couple massage and one Romantic Candle lit dinner for two persons.
What are the free services available in You & Me By Cocoon Maldives?
- Guest celebrating birthday or anniversary on the island will receive a cake per stay
- Repeat guests will receive a fruit basket on arrival per stay
- 24-Hour Manager on Duty
- Swimming Pool
- Books/Video Library
- Free WiFi Internet connections
- Welcome Drink
- Twice Daily Maid Service
- Butler Service (Pool villas only)
- Multilingual Hotel Staff
- Airport Lounge Service
- Complimentary snorkeling equipment
- Gym, Yoga, Pilates, Zumba, Aqua Aerobics
- Table Tennis Lounge, Futsal Court, Beach Volleyball
- Tea & Coffee facilities in room
What are the power supplies and what kind of plugs?
240v – Universal Power Plugs with USB port
What are the Transfers available at You & Me by Cocoon Maldives?
Transfer rates are subject to change without prior notice.
Return SeaPlane transfers – US$ 500 per person
- You and Me by Cocoon is located approximately 45 minutes by seaplane ride from Velana International Airport.
- Seaplane transfers will be arranged by the Resort. The Agent must make all flight reservations through the Resort.
- Seaplane transfer provider imposes a luggage restriction of 20 kg’s of checked luggage and 5 kg’s of hand luggage, additional weight will be charged US$5.00 per kg.
- Please note that neither the resort nor the transfer provider shall be held liable for any claims arising from missed international flights, due to delay of seaplane transfer caused by adverse weather conditions, force majeure and acts of God.
- Seaplanes operate during daylight hours only. Guests arriving in Malé on an international flight, landing after 15:30hrs, will need to find their own overnight accommodation in Malé at their own expense. They will be transferred to You & Me Maldives the following day.
- Departure transfers from You & Me Maldives to Velana International Airport are scheduled between 06:00hrs and 16:00hrs, connecting to all international flights leaving from 09:00hrs onwards. Guests departing Malé on an international flight earlier than 09:00hrs will need to leave Cocoon Maldives 1 day before the date of departure to reach the airport on time.
- Please note that seaplane rate is subject to change with changes in Fuel surcharge by the Trans Maldivian Airways.
Domestic Flight – US$ 300 per person. Domestic Flight (30 minutes) + Speedboat (20 minutes)
- You and Me by Cocoon is located approximately 30 minutes by Domestic Flight + 20 minutes by Speedboat (from Velana International Airport to Ifuru Airport).
- Domestic and speed boat transfers will be arranged by the Resort. The Agent must make all flight reservations through the Resort.
- All passengers will be allowed 20 kg’s of free baggage as checked baggage and 05kg’s as hand baggage, additional weight will be charged US$5.00 per kg.
- Please note that neither the resort nor the transfer provider shall be held liable for any claims arising from missed international flights, due to delay of Domestic transfer caused by adverse weather conditions, force majeure and acts of God.
- Please note that Domestic flight rate is subject to change with changes in Fuel surcharge by the Island Aviation Services.
Guests must send arrival and departure flight details directly to the property at least 72 hours prior to arrival.
How far is the house reef from You & Me by Cocoon Maldives?
You & Me by Cocoon’s house reef is easily accessible from the beach.
What is “Dine Around” option?
All the guests on Half board, Full board and All Inclusive are entitled to dine from all the a la’ carte restaurants (except Underwater restaurant) for lunch and dinner. This gives the guests variety of dining options and the chance to experience the resort’s gastronomic offerings.
What are the meal plans available at You & Me by Cocoon Maldives?
Bed & Breakfast (BB): means breakfast included
Half board (HB): means breakfast and dinner included.
Full board (FB): means breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
All Inclusive (AI): means breakfast, lunch dinner and selected drinks included.
All Inclusive supplement
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner; Breakfast at the main Restaurant, lunch and dinner from a la carte’ restaurants, afternoon Tea/Coffee with snacks served from 1630hrs – 1800hrs
- Bottled water, Drinks served by the glass (including soft drinks, beer, house wine and pouring spirits which includes Gin, Vodka, Whiskey, Brandy, Tequila, Rum, Arrack and Martini). Beverages to be served between 1000hrs and 0000hrs only. After midnight, all consumed drinks will be charged at the normal prices
- Selected cocktails & mocktails.
- Mini bar – soft drinks and Water (replenished once daily)
- Tea/coffee making facilities in the room.
- 10% discount on spa treatments.
- Non-motorized water sports.
Do you cater for special dietary requirements?
Yes, we do. On arrival, please discuss any dietary requirements or allergies you may have with our villa hosts. Our chefs can then prepare a menu based on your requirements.
What are the Restaurant Opening hours?
The Sand (Main restaurant)
Breakfast : 07:00 – 10.00 hrs
Dinner: 19:00 – 22:00 hours
Green Carpet (Fine Dine restaurant)
Lunch – 12:00 – 15:00 hours
Rising Sun (Japanese Restaurant) (Prior Reservations Required)
Lunch – 2 seatings 12:30 OR 14:00 hours
Dinner – 2 seatings 19:30 OR – 21:30 hours
Italians Do It Better..la Pasta (Prior Reservations Required)
Lunch: 1 seating – 12:30hrs
2 seating – 14:00hrs
Dinner: 19:00 -22.00 hours
Open From: 10: 00 – 00:00 hours midnight
H20 Underwater Restaurant Booking (Prior Reservations Required)
Lunch Cost $150/- per person ( excluding drinks)
First seating: 12.00pm & 13.30pm
Second seating: 14.00pm – 15.30pm
Dinner Cost $225/- per person ( excluding drinks)
First seating: 18.30pm – 20.30pm (Best experience)
Second seating: 21.00pm – 23.00pm
Booking requests to [email protected]
Do you provide room service?
Yes, we do provide room service 24/7.
Can I drink the tap water?
The water from the taps is desalinated seawater and is perfectly safe for brushing your teeth. The water in the restaurant or bars is further filtered and ozone-treated and very safe to drink.
Can I fish in the reef?
Please note there is no fishing allowed on the resort reef. For fishing excursions please contact your villa host or visit Reception.